Re: [Openvortex-dev] Low volume, distortion, etc

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Low volume, distortion, etc
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:37:19 -0500

> > 3) Stereo swapping still there, but seems to happen less. Related to
> > fragment size fix?
>
> I'm still having tons of stereo swapping.  There aren't many "pops"
> when it swaps (though some small ones still happen), but it is pretty
> easy to hear when it switches from one ear to the other if you listen to
> music where instruments are clearly playing in one stereo channel.  It
> is definitely happening more than the old OSS driver.

I forgot to mention, the stereo swapping is not only on playback, but on
recording too.

I added a control for the 4-channel stereo playback and currently fixing
the ReadCodec function (which was also broken in the binary driver, but
ALSA likes to have it to ascertain the features of the ac97 codec)

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253