Re: [Openvortex-dev] No sound after the latest update.

From: O.Sezer
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] No sound after the latest update.
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 01:31:12 +0300

OK, au88x0_core.c/v1.18 fixed it.

OTOH, the previously reported vortex2 problems seem to
affect me: In KDE, if I play through arts, things seem
normal; but if I use alsa-plugin for xmms, playback is
somewhat fast. Using oss or arts plugin the speed is normal.

Similarly, when in console, "play something.wav" plays at
normal speed, whereas "aplay something.wav" is fast and
the very first seconds are skipped or weird in some way
(I know that I'm not good at describing).

I also attached a "wave blaster 2" midi daughterboard,
and did a "playmidi -e something.mid". Speed is normal
but sound is somewhat weird (try this using canyon.mid
or passport.mid from windoze and compare).

FWIW, I apply the famous "setpci -v -d '12eb:*' 40.B=ff"
fix through rc.local on my via board.

Regards;
Özkan Sezer.