[Openvortex-dev] Problems with au8830

From: Stanislav Kogan
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Problems with au8830
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:08:01 -0400

Hello.

I've been using the CVS alsa au8830 for a couple of days now, and
noticed a few recurring problems.

First, the driver tends to randomly fail after several hours of use. For
example, mplayer can't play sound anymore, and closes with the following
error:

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:524:(snd_pcm_hw_drain) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed:
Input/output error
alsa-uninit: pcm drain error: Input/output error

A second problem, is that sound seems to be always out of sync with
video. This happens in several programs (I tried mplayer and
realplayer), the sound is off by about 300 msec.

Best regards,

--

Stanislav Kogan
<*>