[Openvortex-dev] Au8830 Status

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Au8830 Status
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:01:37 -0500 (EST)

Well I have finally have a working PC again.
I have started merging in the new functionality from au8820-oss. Basically
my plan is to match the oss drivers as close as possible and then move
on to Manuel's alsa driver.

I have thought a bit about code sharing. Because the 88x0 architectures
are so similar it will probably work best to have each chip supported as a
different compile time option for a single source base. Thus, each
driver can be compiled/loaded as necessary. This might lead to a bit of
'#ifdef' mess but we'll see... Any thoughts Manuel?

If anyone is looking for an easier way to contribute to the openvortex
effort, some sort of regression test set would be nice. This is probably
best targeted at alsa.

-Jeff