openoffice-extensions-discuss

Re: [Openoffice-extensions-discuss] OpenOffice Extensions Maintainer

From: Rubén Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Openoffice-extensions-discuss] OpenOffice Extensions Maintainer
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 01:56:14 +0200

> I'm happy to say that the FSF has accepted my offer to volunteer as
> the official maintainer of this project.

Congratulations :)

Please join the gnu-linux-libre list, intended for the coordination of
fully free GNU/Linux distributions and related projects, and add the
project info and links to http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/FreedSoftware
free distro. http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnu-linux-libre

> My job as maintainer is to take a lead role in developing the
> extension listing, coordinating with other volunteers who want to
> help and keep it up to date, and generally leading the way.

That's and important task, I'll help in what I can.

> Automation is something that I think would greatly benefit this
> project. There is a free software license analysis tool at [1] that
> should help. Automated license checking is not perfect but would help
> to reduce the amount of manual effort that's required to maintain the
> list.

At Trisquel we are already using fossology to check our code (with
success), and I've requested the FSF a machine to run our own
installation and share it with all the FreedSoftware projects.

> If you're interested in helping to automate this project's workflow
> please let me know.

I think we need to find a way to link directly to the installers
instead of pointing the users back to extensions.OOo. With the Firefox
extensions is easy, but in this case a cgi redirector might be needed.