openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Multipart file and metadata

From: Peter Hillman
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Multipart file and metadata
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 12:35:23 +1200

Hi Anne-Gaelle

Did you get a reply from anyone? It might help to know which attributes you moved, how you moved the attributes, and what the error was. It sounds like attributes that are critical to interpreting the file have been moved, such as 'channels', 'compression', 'dataWindow'. This would cause read errors on the file.

Many tools will assume that all metadata not critical to reading the file is stored only in part 0, and this is a useful convention to follow.

Peter