openexr-user

[Openexr-user] MOX on Indiegogo

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: [Openexr-user] MOX on Indiegogo
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 13:44:56 -0800

At one time or another there has been some talk on the OpenEXR lists of making
an EXR-like movie format.  Well, some friends and I are putting together a
project to try and do it:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mox-file-format/

If you read some of the articles that quote me, you will see over an over again
my high esteem for the OpenEXR project.  Really, we're trying to mirror what
you've done, only without the resources of a studio to back us.

Not only will we be embedding OpenEXR sequences as a floating point video
codec, but in the MOX library I intend to mirror the way the OpenEXR library
handles things like metadata (header attributes) and multiple channels.  In
fact, I will probably be directly sub-classing many of the objects in
IlmImf/IlmThread/Iex and making copious use of Imath.

So please take a look, and let me know if you have any comments.

Brendan