openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] new utility: maketiledexr

From: Paolo Berto
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] new utility: maketiledexr
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:00:14 +0100

Hi Florian,

we developed a tool that fulfilled our specific needs, and we didn't need mipmaps or ripmaps generation, so it's currently not supported.

There are other limitations in fact:

 - it's limited to RGBA channels
 - it doesn't properly copy image attributes

We might implement these in the future, though.

Anyway, the source code is available, in case someone wants to contribute.

And, if someone has specific needs, not even strictly related to this tool, we can surely cover demands; actually this is what we do, as explained in our wiki we consult on several API/languages, with a special emphasis on rendering:

 http://www.jupiter-jazz.com/wiki

Best,

P.

---