openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] OpenExr >=16bit editor

From: Chris Cox
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] OpenExr >=16bit editor
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:47:24 -0700

At 5:47 PM +0200 7/8/04, Jan Woetzel wrote:
Hi,
Can you suggest an image editor that can really paint 32bit (or at least 16 bit), ideally with OpenEXR support?

I am saving my (natively 32 bit) maps in OpenEXR 16 bit format and want to retouche them. I tried Photoshop 6.0 (with the OpenEXR plugin), but the editing tools seem to support 8 bit, only. Hope my question is not too off-topic, but I will write an OpenEXR converter for that tool if really required.

Photoshop CS supports 16 bit tools, layers, etc.

Chris