openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Questions about OpenEXR with Film Gimp

From: Rod Bogart
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Questions about OpenEXR with Film Gimp
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:19:33 -0700

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, address@hidden wrote:

> I read about a decision by ILM to release OpenEXM to OpenSource and their
> contributions to Film Gimp. Does anyone know if ILM is using or plans to
> use Film Gimp in production work? What are the current plans of ILM with
> contributions to OpenEXM and Film Gimp?

OpenEXR is an open-source project, and as such, ILM is hoping others
will contribute.  Many people already have.  We have received updates
for ports and plugins, as well as info of vendors supporting OpenEXR
in their packages.

As for FilmGimp (CinePaint), the current release of it has an OpenEXR
plugin already, but it isn't compiled by default.  This is probably
not the forum to discuss ILM's long term commitment to specific software,
but we are in contact with the developers of CinePaint, and have been
since OpenEXR was released.

RGB