Re: [Openexr-devel] Unit scale for Z values

From: Jason Iversen
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Unit scale for Z values
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 16:02:09 -0800

Hi Larry,

Thanks, and yes - I was one of the people who at least chorused with the request to be able to apply a z-scale within oiiotool.  We just installed 1.6.9 here; does that have the -mulc feature?

My question is definitely aimed at the idea of support for automatic conformance to try to aid interchange without incurring pipelining - ie, tracking of originating scale and destination scale, and generating intermediates.

Thanks,
Jason

PS.  I have the same question poised for Alembic :)