Re: [Openexr-devel] tips for maximizing write speed?

From: Paul Miller
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] tips for maximizing write speed?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:29:19 -0500

On 10/30/2012 3:57 PM, Piotr Stanczyk wrote:
Hey - I've not seen that before ... I'll see if I can replicate that at our end.

Are you writing scanlines or tiles?

Scanlines. Seems to be in the ZIP compression. When I turn off compression it runs nearly as fast as 1.4. I haven't fiddled with the other compression options.

I'm not sure if enabling threads will make a difference. I'm pretty much using the default constructors for everything.

Thinking I may have built the library with the wrong optimization settings, I went back and kicked everything up a notch, but it's still quite a bit slower. Checked on both Linux and Windows.

Thanks for checking, Piotr.