[Openexr-devel] EXR Image File MIME Type?

From: Stewart Dickson
Subject: [Openexr-devel] EXR Image File MIME Type?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 09:51:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I see at: [openexr-user] some discussion from 2004/01/25-2004/02/05 between
Drew Hess and Brad Hards
regarding the MIME type of OpenEXR image files.

But, I see that the OpenEXR MIME type has not been registered as yet:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/image/index.html

Is "image/x-exr" the correct standard to use?

Thanks,

-Stewart Dickson

[Openexr-devel] "KDE meta-information plugin" is the other thread where "MIME
type" appears in the
list archives.   I don't have access to KDE at the moment, nor where to find
the MIME type file for EXR
in KDE to find the definition.