Re: [Openexr-devel] Adding/updating attribute to existing OpenEXR file

From: Nicholas Yue
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Adding/updating attribute to existing OpenEXR file
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:07:10 +1000

Ken McGaugh wrote:
The exrstdattr tool that comes with openexr does a similar thing, so you could look at how it is done there. In short it does the following:

   InputFile in (inFileName);
   Header header = in.header();
   // insert additional attributes to header here
   OutputFile out (outFileName, header);
   out.copyPixels(in);

--Ken
From the help message of exrstdattr

       'the program cannot edit an image file "in place" '

I am trying to avoid another copy as I am writing a small app to update comments and other production specific attributes on lots of rendered sequences.

I'll hunt around further.

Thanks Ken.

Regards