Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR Data Channel Configurations

From: Charles Henrich
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR Data Channel Configurations
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:15:14 -0800

> I seem to remember that Nuke was going to support an arbitrary number in an
> upcoming release (anyone know more about this?) in which case I imagine that
> the whole lot  just pipes through ...

We're still only at 64 channels right now, although its we want to move to
unlimited soon.  Its amazing just how fast you suck up channels when you have
them available without any real penalty :).  DD has pretty much become an
OpenEXR-centric facility on the features side.  Our 3d elements all come
bundled together as single exr files (oh the beauty!).  I cant imagine going
back to the bad old days of many many inputs!  Long live exr!  (Now to get the
digital cameras to output exr instead of jpeg!)

-Crh

       Charles Henrich           Digital Domain          address@hidden

                         http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich