Re: [Openexr-devel] one (stupid) question

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] one (stupid) question
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:38:40 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, I have some code which binds an OpenEXR image to a texture.  It's
really simple.  It does require support for 16-bit FP textures, but both
ATI and Nvidia support that with their latest hardware.

I'll post a snippet of it next week after I've wrangled it together for an
upcoming chapter in a book.  Stay tuned.

Also, the next release of OpenEXR (after 1.0.7, which is still waiting for
Savannah to recover, sounds like that will happen by Saturday) will have
support for 6-sided maps (e.g. for environment maps), so this should help
you as well.  That'll take awhile to release because it'll also support
tiles and mipmaps, but you'll be able to use it in beta form directly from
CVS.  Expect this in the first week or two in January.

-dwh-