[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR and VC7.1

From: Nick Porcino
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR and VC7.1
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:47:56 -0800

Hi,
Dennis has been working with VC7.1 and OpenEXR, and I thought I would pass his
notes on.

Thanks, Dennis

IlmImfDll project did not link in Visual Studio 7.1 as recieved.

I needed to do the following:

A) Looking for zlib_static.lib and zlibd_static.lib.

        Everything else which links to zlib does not require "_static" in the
name.

        Either remove "_static" from zlib names in Linker -> input ->
Additional dependencies,
        or require that user must have multiple identical copies of zlib libs
with different names.

B) Fix dependencies

        Add IlmImf project as a dependency to project IlmImfDll  ( via
Project->Project Dependencies... )

C) Link to different run-time library

        In Properties for IlmImfDll:
                In Release:
                        Change C/C++ -> CodeGeneration -> Runtime Library
                                from  <Multi-threaded> to <Multi-threaded DLL>

                In Debug:
                        Change C/C++ -> CodeGeneration -> Runtime Library
                                from  <Multi-threaded Debug> to <Multi-threaded
Debug DLL>

It now builds and links.  However, I haven't tested it.