[Openexr-devel] compilation issue with intel compiler on xp

From: Ron Carmel
Subject: [Openexr-devel] compilation issue with intel compiler on xp
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

hi all, this my first posting to this list.

i'm compiling/linking against the windows 1.0.5 binaries and i'm
getting the following error:

[snip]OpenEXR-1.0.5/include/Imath/ImathMath.h(192): error: the
global scope has no "hypotf"
     static float       hypot (float x, float y)        {return ::hypotf (x,
y);}
                                                                  ^
          detected during instantiation of class
"Imath::Math<float>" at line 194

my current workaround is to change ::hypotf(x,y) to ::hypot(x,y)
and then things work fine.  any idea why this is happening or
what the proper resolution is?

i'm on XP and using an evaulation version of the intel compiler
(version 7.0 build 20021018Z)

the code around the problematic line looks like this:

#if !defined(PLATFORM_OSF1)
   static float hypot (float x, float y)
            {return ::hypotf (x, y);}
#endif

thanks in advance,

ron.

=====
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to
change the things I can, and wisdom always to know the difference." - Reinhold
Niebuhr