openexr-announce

[Openexr-announce] Fixed OpenEXR 1.2.0 release

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-announce] Fixed OpenEXR 1.2.0 release
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:55:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

There was a minor problem with the OpenEXR-1.2.0.tar.gz source code
tarball that I posted over the weekend.  On all platforms except Windows,
the names of the libraries produced by the build system were missing the
proper shared library extension. extension.  The binaries and libs
produced by the build system work properly, but you'll have problems
getting other code to link against the libraries.

I have fixed this in a new tarball, OpenEXR-1.2.0a.tar.gz, found here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/openexr/OpenEXR-1.2.0a.tar.gz
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/openexr/OpenEXR-1.2.0a.tar.gz.sig

I apologize for the inconvenience.  If you are building on Windows with
Visual Studio, there's no need to download the new package, as Visual
Studio is unaffected by this issue.

thanks
-dwh-