openexr-announce

[Openexr-announce] OpenEXR 1.0.7 released

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-announce] OpenEXR 1.0.7 released
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:20:58 -0800 (PST)

OpenEXR 1.0.7 is now released.  To download it, see
http://www.openexr.com/downloads.html

This release fixes a few bugs and introduces several new standard
attributes, including:

        Primary and white point chromaticities.
        Absolute luminance.
        Content owner
        Comments
        Image acquisition time and place
        Focus distance
        Lens aperture
        Film sensitivity

The new attributes were developed with the help of Greg Ward and Joseph
Goldstone.

Our regular download site, Savannah, was compromised last month, and it's
not fully restored yet.  In particular, the downloads section is closed
until later this month.  ILM is kindly hosting the downloads until that
time.  Currently only the OpenEXR 1.0.7 source tarballs and RPMs are
available, but we'll be restoring the other projects (Photoshop plugin,
Renderman display driver source, etc.) over the next few days.  Please
contact me directly if you have an urgent need for one of these projects.

Barring any major bugs, this is the last release of the OpenEXR 1.0
series.  Our next release will most likely be called version 1.1 and will
include support for reading and writing tiled OpenEXR images.

There'll be a testing period of a few months before we release the new
tiling code.  If you're an application developer and you're interested in
participating in the test, please join the openexr-devel mailing list (see
http://www.openexr.com/mailinglist.html for details).

thanks
-dwh-