openexr-announce

[Openexr-announce] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-announce] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 00:35:27 -0800 (PST)

OpenEXR 1.0.5 is now available.  It includes the following changes since
the previous version:

* Fragment shader support in exrdisplay.
* Support for Win32.
* Improved support for OS X.
* Performance improvements (20-60% faster than 1.0.4 using default
  compression mode).
* Example code demonstrating how to use OpenEXR in your programs.
* A new utility, exrheader, to display attributes of an OpenEXR file.
* Support for gcc 2.95.
* Minor bug fixes and enhancements.

With this release, we are distributing prebuilt libraries and binaries for
RedHat Linux, Win32, and OS X.  And, of course, the source code is also
available if you would like to compile it yourself.

We have also released source code for an OpenEXR display driver for
Renderman, and project files for building OpenEXR 1.0.5 in CodeWarrior on
MacOS.  These are available as separate packages.

See http://www.openexr.com for details and links to our download page,
hosted by GNU Savannah.

Thanks to several OpenEXR community members for their contributions to
this release!  See the AUTHORS file, included in the source code
distribution.