om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] OS X

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] OS X
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:24:21 -0500

On Sun, 2006-15-01 at 12:52 +0000, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm vaguely considering getting a Mac and was wondering if there's
> ever been any reports of Om running on OS X, or if not how likely it
> is to be difficult.

Getting the engine running should work fine (it only depends on liblo
and jack, both of which work fine on OSC AFAIK)

Getting the GUI to run... weeelll... I dunno.  I have seen GTK working
on OSX, but om_gtk depends on libglade and gnomecanvas, and all the C++
bindings, so who knows.

I don't think anyone's ever actually run Om on anything but GNU/Linux.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :)

Keep us posted if you actually try though.

-DR-