om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] note_in transpose

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] note_in transpose
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:46:12 +0100

Dave Robillard wrote:

You have completely missed the point of the new MIDI stuff. ;)

A MIDI transpose plugin would be useful.  Cramming transpose into the
note node is filthy.

Not so sure. Another thing that cannot be crammed anywhere else (than note node) is selection of mono-mode.

(To transpose an octave you can just multiple the frequency output by 2,
BTW)

I knew that! (But what do I multiply by to transpose a seminote? Retoric question, just to show the shortcomming of using floating point product for tranposing).

But sometimes the frequency is connected to a million inputs and inserting a product module means reconnecting a million + 1 places.

How about an easy way to insert a module in the signal path then? That would solve my problem + be useful in lots of other situations. And *that* for sure can't be be a feature of the new midi stuff, or have I completely missed the point? :-)

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk