Re: New package repo request - raspi

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: New package repo request - raspi
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:45:28 -0500

On 11/30/20 1:03 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

If you want to opt-in for inclusion of your package into the MS Windows installer, for example, this is independent of being an Octave Forge package and has to be negotiated with the MXE-Octave (MS Windows installer) team.

Kai, unless I'm confusing identities here, JohnD does the majority of the work on mxe-octave so I guess the discussion would be internal. :-)

JohnD, yes, we are looking at moving more toward being an aggregator of package info rather than directly hosting package development and blessing and releasing packages as a collection. The idea is to lower the barrier of entry for people to post their collections of functions somewhere, and to eliminate the perception that the Octave developers are somehow responsible for tracking bugs and maintaining all the contributed packages.

(Please correct me if this statement doesn't accurately represent the conclusions of our recent meeting.)