Static code analysis on github

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Static code analysis on github
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 10:04:32 +0200

Hi Kai,

Github seems to provide static code analysis for public repositories hosted on
their platform:
https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/github/finding-security-vulnerabilities-and-errors-in-your-code/enabling-code-scanning-for-a-repository

I'm not particularly familiar with Github. So I can't judge if that is
something that we could use to analyze the Octave repository hosted there:
https://github.com/gnu-octave/octave

Also PVS Studio, which we had a trial run with some time ago, seems to offer
free licenses for OSS projects hosted on Github:
https://www.viva64.com/en/b/0600/

Do you think that could be useful for us?

Markus