RE: windows installer - vbs vs bat startup script

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: windows installer - vbs vs bat startup script
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 12:00:29 -0400

From: Nicholas Jankowski [mailto:jankowskin@asme.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:44 AM
To: JohnD
Cc: octave-maintainers

I wonder if the issue is trying to run the .vbs script, or trying to run a program as hidden from another program ?

If it just the general act of running a .vbs script , we could just a small program using activex and call almost the same commands  from within it.

if the issue with vbs files is the various, potentially conflicting, non-standard security protocols,  is activex any better? I wasn't aware it was supported outside of a browser environment.

activeX/COM is available from almost anything windows.