Re: GSoC 2020: jsondecode status

From: Abdallah Elshamy
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: jsondecode status
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 21:06:23 +0200

Sorry Andy for the late reply.  Making a "standalone" repo might
facilitate some things at the moment.

I thought what Andy meant is a forge-compatible package which is not necessary. I made a "standalone" repo [1] that contains only the files I am working on.
I moved the files with the commits (I thought it is a good idea to keep the history of the commits I made in Octave's repo) to this new repo. I also moved all the issues from Octave's repo to the new repo. I mentioned that also in my new weekly report [2].

Regarding using cell2struct [3], I think that in order to use it to convert our cell of objects into a struct array, We will need a considerable overhead in creating the "right" cell for conversion. Thus, I think we should go with the current custom code. What do you think ?

Best Regards,
Abdallah

[1] https://github.com/Abdallah-Elshamy/Octave-GSoC-JSON
[2] https://abdallahshamy.wordpress.com/2020/07/18/coding-period-report-7/