Re: [mxe] stable build from source

From: Stefan Pofahl
Subject: Re: [mxe] stable build from source
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 21:37:09 +0200

Am Mi., 15. Juli 2020 um 10:50 Uhr schrieb John W. Eaton <jwe@octave.org>:
On 7/15/20 4:33 AM, Stefan Pofahl wrote:

> I am still lost, maybe I misunderstood something.
> First I had to install: "PCRE library" (on ubuntu 20.04: "pcre2-utils")
> because of this message:
> configure: error: to build Octave, you must have the PCRE library and
> header files installed
>
> After "./bootstrap" I stayed inside the root-dir of the repository clone
> (for me: '~/hg/mxe-octave')
> and gave the command:
>
> |nice -n 19 make ||all 7z-dist ||JOBS=||8||hg-octave-dist hg-octave-branch=stable|

Don't include the "all 7z-dist" targets here.  Building the octave
source distribution from the hg archive must be done as a separate step.
  Try

   make JOBS=8 hg-octave-dist hg-octave-branch=stable

If that is successful, then you can do

   make all 7z-dist JOBS=8

to build Octave for Windows with all the packages.  Use whatever number
of jobs makes sense for your hardware.

jwe

Unfortunately, the installation of "pcre2-utils" was not sufficient, the error message is as follows:
[...]
configure: error: to build Octave, you must have the PCRE library and header files installed
make: *** [/home/spofahl/hg/mxe-octave/hg-octave-dist.mk:34: hg-octave-dist] Fehler 1
(base) X6630G:~/hg/mxe-octave$

But I will try to sort this out as well.

Stefan