Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 10:28:46 +0200

Am 10. Juli 2020 um 19:34 Uhr schrieb "chloros":
> > > From the results of a reverse lookup on that address, I'd guess
> > > that the IP in the error message belongs to dreamhost:
> > > PS > nslookup.exe 64.90.62.163
> > > Name:    mx1.dreamhost.com
> > > Address:  64.90.62.163
> > >
> > > That's why I'd think it is ok that SPF says that no messages from
> > > the gmx.de domain should be sent from that IP. And hence, it is
> > > probably ok for gnu.org to reject that message.
> > >
> > > Instead, dreamhost should probably adapt the sender in the header:
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Rewriting_Scheme
> > >

> Yes, you are right!

@jwe: Are you managing the dreamhost account?
Do you think they could help setting up the email forward of
maintainers@octave.org to octave-maintainers@gnu.org correctly?
At the moment gnu.org rejects some of the messages because the sending domain
and the IP of the dreamhost server mismatch (see above).

Markus