Re: Reg: GSoD 2020- Documentation

From: PRUBHTEJ SINGH
Subject: Re: Reg: GSoD 2020- Documentation
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 07:32:15 +0530

Greetings
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Regards
Prubhtej Singh

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:06 AM Andrew Janke <address@hidden> wrote:

On 5/6/20 1:32 PM, PRUBHTEJ SINGH wrote:
> Greetings ,
> When I'm running the command : "../configure" in my terminal, I've been
> getting these errors constantly :
> 1. checking syntax of bison api.prefix (or name-prefix) declaration...
>
> configure: WARNING:
>

> I wasn't able to find a suitable style for declaring the api prefix
>  [...snip...]

This is a Bison version problem. Since Homebrew's Bison installation
doesn't override the macOS system-provided Bison (which is too old), you
need to explicitly pull it in before doing the configure:

$ brew_opt="$(brew --prefix)/opt"
$ export YACC=$brew_opt/bison/bin/yacc

Are you using the configure_octave.sh script from my octave-build
repo[1]? That should take care of this for you. If you follow the steps
in its README, Octave should build right out of the box.

Cheers,
Andrew

[1] https://github.com/apjanke/octave-build