Re: octave help links from google

From: nrjank
Subject: Re: octave help links from google
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 20:25:49 -0500 (CDT)

apjanke-floss wrote
> On 9/7/19 1:48 PM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
>> Am I the only one who notices that the default google search for octave
>> help docs almost always point you to the v4.2.1 docs, versus the latest
>> version?
>
> You're not the only one. I see this same behavior both here and with
> some other FLOSS projects.
>
> No idea how to fix it.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

I just ran into this again and didn't realize I was reading an outdated doc
page. Would there be any sense in adding some sort of link to the
header/navigation area indicating "you are looking at an old version of the
code, click here to be taken to <same page under
octave.org/doc/interpreter/> the current version."

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html