need help with function handle tests

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: need help with function handle tests
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:31:59 -0400

I'm trying to get a better understanding of function handles so I can properly fix bugs #57439 and #57941 (at least).

Could someone please run the attached testscript.m file in a recent version of Matlab and report the result to me?

If there are errors, please make a note of what the errors are and include that with your info, then comment out any lines that cause trouble so I can see all the things that work as I expect.

Please also correct the code if I have any errors with the handles to class methods as I'm not sure exactly how those are supposed to work.

To run the tests, unpack the attached tar file, then in Matlab, cd to the top-level directory (fhdl-tests) that contains the testscript.m file and execute

  testscript

at the Matlab prompt.

Thanks,