How to contribute a new package to Octave Forge

From: Reinhard
Subject: How to contribute a new package to Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 20:16:57 +0100

Dear Octave Forge developers,

I would like to contribute a new package to Octave Forge. It contains
several utility functions related to process creation, parallel
execution of functions, design of experiment, plotting, interpolation,
command line parsing and others. It is the first, but not the only
package, I want to contribute. I want to make this package an external
package.

So far, I have created a local Git repository, used the template
Makefile, run the test for uniqueness of function names, generated a
release tarball and the md5 checksum below:

b8c297dc1bbb34dbcb7b220bc0a65175  target/mboct-octave-pkg-0.1.0.tar.gz
8dd5c7b898597451a4fcc849b4c3eff3  target/mboct-octave-pkg-html.tar.gz

Furthermore, I have created an account at sourceforge.net. But I was
not able to upload anything at https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package
-releases/new.
The error message was: "Sorry, the permissions for this page don't
allow you to access it."

Best regards,
Reinhard