McAfee whitelist request

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: McAfee whitelist request
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:56:30 -0500

can someone with a system currently not having virusscan issues, and whose email won't block the attachment, follow the instructions below for sending the libsqlite3_0.dll from the currently uploaded windows 5.2.0_1 installers to McAfee's automated white-list request system? I guess respond here before sending so they don't get a pile of emails.

full instructions for the curious: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85567

Email needs to have subject below, starting with FALSE.  dll needs to be zipped (they say 7z is okay, but zip seems preferred for their automated system), password protected with "infected" (no quotes) as the password, no encryption,  and attached to the email.

Subject:   FALSE: GNU Octave dll detected by McAfee

the attached zip contains a file in a recent build of GNU Octave v5.2.0_1 that is triggering what we believe to be false positives on systems using McAfee Viruscan products after a recent definition update.

Detecting Product Name:             VirusScan Enterprise

Detecting Product Version:          8.8

DAT Version:      9536.0000

Engine Version: 6010.8670

Description of issue: A recent release of GNU Octave, downloadable from https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html, has started triggering Trojan virus alerts in McAfee products. The log file indicates: libsqlite3-0.dll RDN/Generic.dx (Trojan) 699a782fc1bd6bf6450bb720ae5ed901 (MD5) Zipped file attached.