Re: help with interleaved complex data in mex files

From: Sébastien Villemot
Subject: Re: help with interleaved complex data in mex files
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 10:39:22 +0100

Hi John,

Le lundi 10 février 2020 à 11:00 -0500, John W. Eaton a écrit :
> I'm looking at fixing Octave's mex support to handle the new interleaved
> complex data that was introduced in a recent version of Matlab.  Could
> someone compile the attached function with
>
>    mex -R2017b myfcn.c
>
> and then run the nm utility on the resulting mex file and then do the
> same with
>
>    mex -R2018a myfcn.c
>
> and send the results to me?  I guess you would need to do this with a
> Linux version of Matlab to use nm and version 2018a or newer to use the
> -R2018a option for the mex function.
>
> This function is untested, so if there are errors, let me know and I'll
> try to fix.

First, I had to modify the source code to get it compiled under R2017b
API. One should test "#if MX_HAS_INTERLEAVED_COMPLEX" instead of "#if
defined(MX_HAS_INTERLEAVED_COMPLEX)", since the macro is defined in
both APIs. See the fixed source code attached.

I also attach the output of nm for both APIs (generated using MATLAB
R2019b, under Debian "Buster" 10 amd64).

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer