Re: gnulib is no longer an hg subrepo

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gnulib is no longer an hg subrepo
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 10:46:47 -0500

On 1/27/20 3:29 AM, "Markus Mützel" wrote:
Am 27. Januar 2020 um 07:41 Uhr schrieb "John W. Eaton":

That seems good to me.  We could maintain our own patched version of the
bootstrap script but it seems to me that it would be better to have
something like this added to the version that is provided in gnulib.

Maybe we could patch our own version and see whether this works as expected
across different systems, version of git, etc.
When (or if) we are confident that this is a good addition, we could donate the
change upstream.

OK, I pushed your changes on stable and merged with default. Then I updated gnulib on default (not sure whether we want to do that on stable just before the release?) and then ran bootstrap --bootstrap-sync followed by reapplying your changes to preserve them after the updates to the bootstrap script from gnulib. Updating the bootstrap script from the gnulib version is now more difficult because we have to remember to reapply our local changes. Thankfully, the gnulib bootstrap script doesn't appear to be changing much now. But it would still be good to get this modification accepted in gnulib if it works out for us. Let's see what happens with the buildbots when they get these changes.