Re: astyle configuration

From: Gene Harvey
Subject: Re: astyle configuration
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:15:10 -0600

I've attached the configuration I was using.

Observations based on using it on a random file:
- It's worse than I remember.
- Almost every file would have a diff because the space after the
`defined` macro would be removed.
- DerivePointerAlignment applies either left or right-alignment to
both * and &, rather than independently.
- Matrix indexing function calls, where there isn't a space before the
parenthesis, would become uniform with the usual function calls.
- Binary operators would have spaces surrounding them.
- clang-format prefers to place = on a new line before doing any other wrapping.

So, basically the whole style would change. However, the obvious
benefit is that we save brain cells instead of trying to perfectly
format everything manually.

Gene