Re: Hosting plot demos

From: Pantxo Diribarne
Subject: Re: Hosting plot demos
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 00:12:17 +0100

Le 06/01/2020 à 13:48, Pantxo Diribarne a écrit :

Le lun. 6 janv. 2020 à 13:29, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> a écrit :

But perhaps we can revive https://wiki.octave.org/Plot_comparison
where I've previously listed problems with the generated plots.
Yes, it is quite handy to have the detailed issues, with links to the image.

Btw, which graphics_toolkits do you want to test? Qt, gnuplot, fltk?

My first idea was to put, aside ML images,  at least Qt-opengl (getframe based), Qt-painters (gl2ps based). The former is is a good representation of Octave onsceen figures, the latter is pretty much what you would obtain for vector outputs.

I have tried using FLTK and it produces pretty much the same as Qt with the painters renderer (only do getframe demos fail for FLTK), so I don't think it is very useful to include it.

As for Gnuplot, AFAICS this toolkit has not received much attention lately (if any) and I expect many regressions from the reports against recent versions of Gnuplot. It may be useful to include Gnuplot images, just in order get an idea of the current state... We never know, maybe someone will jump in and fix at least the most prominent regressions.

Pantxo

Here is a link to the archive containing the images produced by ML, Gnuplot 5.2, Qt painters and Qt-opengl, together with the comparison html pages:

https://send.firefox.com/download/c4eaa2e47effe06c/#b6U8CPbE3P6xahyDbs1KAg

Pantxo