Re: [octave forge] mpi forge page

From: kingcrimson
Subject: Re: [octave forge] mpi forge page
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 07:33:21 +0100

Il giorno 6 gen 2020, alle ore 05:18, address@hidden ha scritto:

Il 05 gen 2020 14:21, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Hi Carlo and forge maintainers,
as the MPI package is fundamentally an external package
currently located at

https://github.com/carlodefalco/octave-mpi

can the page at
https://octave.sourceforge.io/mpi/index.html

reports the link to the external Homepage and be updated
to the external category ?
I lost same time trying to locate the new Homepage,
as the only mail archived was referring to the previous
Bitbucket repository.

It will also nice to synchronize the forge repository and release
as the old 1.2.0 was already not working on octave 4.x while
the external 3.1.0 is working with octave 5.1

Regards
Marco

Hi Marco,

I agree with your suggestions but, until now, forge maintainers have disagreed and I don't have time to pursue this issue any further.

Maybe just removing mpi from the list of actively maintained forge packages would at least avoid confusion in the future?

c.

P.S. the current mpi package sources also compile on 6.0.0 but give lots of warnings about deprectaed error handling macros.
I will make anew release as soon as Octave 6.1 is out ...