Re: segfaults building documentation when machine under load

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: segfaults building documentation when machine under load
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:02:27 +0100

> But now that Juan Pablo mentioned a failure in voronoi.png I remember to got
> one of those at some random compilation.

The error is triggered randomly by almost all .png and only when I use
more than one job.
Doing "doc -rf doc/" before compiling doesn't seem to prevent the error.
Here is another case

  GEN      doc/interpreter/interpderiv1.png
error: imwrite: invalid empty image
error: called from
    __imwrite__ at line 34 column 5
    imwrite at line 119 column 5
    print at line 748 column 13
    geometryimages at line 99 column 5
Makefile:27906: recipe for target 'doc/interpreter/inpolygon.png' failed
make[2]: *** [doc/interpreter/inpolygon.png] Error 1
error: imwrite: invalid empty image
error: called from
    __imwrite__ at line 34 column 5
    imwrite at line 119 column 5
    print at line 748 column 13
    interpimages at line 54 column 5
Makefile:27938: recipe for target 'doc/interpreter/interpn.png' failed
make[2]: *** [doc/interpreter/interpn.png] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/juanpi/Devel/octave/builds/default'
Makefile:26374: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/juanpi/Devel/octave/builds/default'
make: *** [all] Error 2

>From the error message I guess this is a problem of one thread still
writing the image while another trying to use it.