Re: Uppercase hex format?

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Uppercase hex format?
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 20:21:49 +0100

On 10/10/19 7:23 PM, Rik wrote:
All,

When using "format hex" the output uses lowercase letters a-f to represent
10-15.  This is fine, and compatible with Matlab.

However, in my background as an electrical engineer, I prefer to see this
as uppercase letters A-F.  Is there any interest in extending Octave to
support this?

We already have forms like "short e" and "short E" which switch the
exponent in scientific notation from lower case to upper case.

I made a rough patch which uses "format HEX" to switch to uppercase letters
and it is as simple as adding the flag std::ios::uppercase to the output
stream operator '<<' in C++.

--Rik

I definitely vote for this. (For us engineers...)

Michael