Re: An error working with OpenDSS software

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: An error working with OpenDSS software
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 22:39:01 -0400

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM Hamed Shakouri <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

You may have heard about the software OpenDSS which is developed for power distribution systems. It communicates with MatLab using  "actxserver" command.

I have recently started to make an interface with OCTAVE instead of MATLAB.
It would be great if someone can help me understand why I get the following error when I try to get content of some variables such as MyCkt.Solution.Solve or MyCkt.AllBusVmag, etc.

error: com_get: property/method invocation on the COM object failed with error `0x80020003'

Thanks,
Hamed.

--

With Regards,

Hamed Shakouri G.

One way to try and get it working from octave is to use python.
Octave has an interface to python and openDSS runs in python.

I have not tried it.

--
DASCertificate for 206392