octave help links from google

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: octave help links from google
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 13:48:15 -0400

Am I the only one who notices that the default google search for octave help docs almost always point you to the v4.2.1 docs, versus the latest version?
e.g., searching for "octave formatted output" gets you:

Formatted Output - GNU Octave

which links to
https://octave.org/doc/v4.2.1/Formatted-Output.html

instead of
https://octave.org/doc/interpreter/Formatted-Output.html

I believe the latter is always the latest version, no?

searching for "octave formatted output 5.1" gets you:

Formatted Output (GNU Octave (version 5.1.0))

which does takes you to the current version.

Anyone with SEO skills know what game to play to fix that?