Octave sendmail function using Python (was: I am trying to get pyeval to

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Octave sendmail function using Python (was: I am trying to get pyeval to work)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 17:23:56 -0700

Hi Doug,

I'm moving this to the maintainers mailing list, since this isn't about
getting the sample script working now.

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 15:00:47 -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> Should we try and make a sendmail.m like matlab?

Sure, please go ahead if you want to.

Do you have thoughts about what you'd like to do with this function once
it's written?

How shall we make functions that depend on Python, like this one,
available to users to install, use, share, and improve easily?

Will there be a new package of Matlab compatible core functions that
depend on Python?

I do want to see the Octave community start to use Python, but I haven't
yet thought about what to do with generally useful functions, how to
test them, how to declare dependencies on PyPI libraries, and so on.

--
mike