Re: OF packages: check OF repositories

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: OF packages: check OF repositories
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:24:54 -0400

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:54 PM Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 03:29:44PM -0400, Nir Krakauer wrote:
> Can we make a plan to regularly back up the whole OF tree on another site
> to protect against this kind of eventuality?

As for being able to restore, all repositories fit well onto a usual
local disk. And there is (or was) already a script to automatize the
backup of all repositories (a Makefile made by Carnë) in an extra
repository named 'octave-forge'. It only needs someone who regularly
thinks of it or scripts it as a cron job.

Olaf

OK I just ran Carne's make file, and have a copy of what is there now.
I will try and keep it up to date.
Someone else should also do it. then we might be safe. :-)

--
DASCertificate for 206392