Re: Need test for handles to classdef methods run in Matlab

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Need test for handles to classdef methods run in Matlab
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:44:49 -0400

On 3/24/19 2:21 AM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
matlab 2018b.  diary attached

Thanks.

So the results you posted appear to indicate that the value of the object is captured at the time that the handle is created. That means more work is needed to create a function handle than just "store the name and the current scope". It's not clear to me exactly when lookup will happen early or be deferred to the evaluation of the handle (calling a function through the handle). But I think I can make this feature work, and for now that's all I want to do and I'm going to have all other function lookups happen at the point of evaluation for now, until someone reports that not working properly in some case.