Re: Build a portable linux binary?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Build a portable linux binary?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:17:57 +0900 (JST)

>t macchant wrote
>>  On Ubuntu, I think that it is not so hard task to build from source.
>>
>>  Almost build dependency can be installed with instruction (Of course, I
>>  installed Qt tools )
>>  I first do
>>  sudo apt build-dep gnuplot
>>  This installs a lot of tools what are required to build many tools.
>>
>>  and then I follow the instruction:
>>  https://www.scivision.co/compiling-octave-4-on-ubuntu/
>>
>>  I add portaudio19-dev, libfltk1.3-dev, libopenblas-dev in addition to
>>  them.
>>  and
>>  ./configure --with-blas='-lopenblas'
>>
>>  This is my routine for install octave from source on Ubuntu.
>>
>>  For me I could not install flatpak on WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).
>>  This is important for me, so that I prefer to install from source rather
>>  than use flatpak.
>>
>>  Tatsuro
>
> Thanks for sharing!

https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Debian_systems

Compiling from source

is also helpful.

However, this does not install TeX which are required for development branch
build.
sudo apt build-dep gnuplot
installs a lot of TeX package (texlive) .

But I should  install "texlive-generic-recommended
sudo apt install texlive-generic-recommended

unless you already install it.

Tatsuro