Re: --norc option

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: --norc option
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 12:34:21 -0800

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 11:54:24 -0800, Rik wrote:
> It would be quite possible to use --no-init-file rather than --norc for
> 'make check'.

I'm sorry if I added to the confusion in this thread. There's "running
the test suite" and there's "make check".

I do think it's appropriate to continue using --norc with "make check".
I don't think we should change anything in test/module.mk.

I also think that users should be able to "run the test suite" in an
installed copy of Octave with all of their own preferences, or with any
combination of --norc, --no-site-file, --no-init-file, --no-gui-libs,
--no-window-system, and so on.

The Debian octave package runs "make check" at build time, and also runs
the full test suite with --no-init-file in the CI environment (as a user
who has no startup files anyway).

--
mike