Re: Release 5.0 Next Tasks

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Release 5.0 Next Tasks
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 19:51:29 -0800

On 01/17/2019 07:12 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:10 AM Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
Today we completed the language translations (task #12) and the lint checking of the code base (task #8).

Next up is tasks #9 and #10.

9) Verify 'make check' is passing on all buildbot combinations of OS and compilers
  • Start discussion on octave-maintainers list about which failing tests must be fixed
  • Identify and fix any tests determined critical in step above

10) Compile and run Octave test suite with --enable-address-sanitizer-flags to check for memory leaks

  • Results posted to bug report: #55415
  • Memory leak in graphics subsystem #55287

I've looked through the memory leaks in bug #55415 and I don't think they are gating on the release.  However, the leak in bug #55287 should be addressed for 5.0.

This isn't a whole lot so I imagine that we could produce the first release candidate over the weekend.  That will undoubtedly flush out a few more bugs, but the process does feel like it is converging.

What about SUNDIALS problem?

Haven't been following this.  Is there a bug report about it?

--Rik