Windows uninstall now reboots system?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Windows uninstall now reboots system?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 09:52:50 -0500

I've been doing some testing of the Windows binaries and have noticed that the uninstaller now prompts for a reboot. I don't recall this happening previously.

Is that a change we made, a change due to upgrading to a new version of NSIS, or something Windows is doing to us?

Is it really necessary to reboot after uninstalling Octave on Windows?